I prepare Pepper Pizza, which serves up Savory Marinara Sauce in big, bold flavor, occasionally to bring to raw food potlucks and as a celebratory dinner! Everyone loves a pizza party!
Pepper Pizza with Savory Marinara Sauce: Ingredients
- 2 or 3 large bell peppers, quartered
- ¼ cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of combined parsley and oregano, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- See Savory Marinara Sauce
Pepper Pizza with Savory Marinara Sauce: Directions
- Make Savory Marinara Sauce and top each slice of bell pepper with the herbs and grape tomatoes.
Pepper Pizza with Savory Marinara Sauce: Tip
- Make Avocado-Tomato “Cheese” by blending the avocado(s) with the lemon juice and then add ⅛ cup of sun-dried tomatoes, a handful at a time, to desired consistency. I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food into its blade.
- Spread onto each pizza slice before adding Savory Marinara Sauce.
Watch a Fruit-Powered Video of Brian Rossiter Making Pepper Pizza with Savory Marinara Sauce and Avocado-Tomato “Cheese”
Hungry for more? Check out my Savory Marinara Sauce and Zucchini Spaghetti recipes!