I prepare Pepper Pizza, which serves up Savory Marinara Sauce in big, bold flavor, occasionally to bring to raw food potlucks and as a celebratory dinner! Everyone loves a pizza party!
- 2 or 3 large bell peppers, quartered
- ¼ cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of combined parsley and oregano, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- See Savory Marinara Sauce
- Make Savory Marinara Sauce and top each slice of bell pepper with the herbs and grape tomatoes.
- Make Avocado-Tomato “Cheese” by blending the avocado(s) with the lemon juice and then add ⅛ cup of sun-dried tomatoes, a handful at a time, to desired consistency. I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food into its blade.
- Spread onto each pizza slice before adding Savory Marinara Sauce.
Watch a Fruit-Powered Video of Brian Rossiter Making Pepper Pizza with Savory Marinara Sauce and Avocado-Tomato “Cheese”
Editor of Fruit-Powered.com, Fruit-Powered Digest and Fruit-Powered Video, Brian Rossiter guides health seekers in creating supreme vitality through the Fruit-Powered Life Force Center’s natural health services: the Fruit-Powered Lifestyle Coaching Program and Posture Exercises Method. Brian, who enjoys a low-fat raw food diet and posture correction exercises and calisthenics, is also the author of the raw food transition and recipe books Alive!, A Taste of Raw Food: 7 Days of Smoothies ’n’ Salads and the four-volume Mouthwatering Recipe Book Series.