Levi is 10 years old and has been raw since he was born. He’s very happy about that because he never gets sick, has tons of energy and loves eating fruit and huge salads! Although Levi lives in a small Central Canadian town where he is quite unique as a raw vegan, he lives a fairly normal life. He attends public school, has lots of friends, plays sports, goes to birthday parties and has sleepovers—just like a regular kid!
Levi loves hockey, lacrosse and soccer. He has been learning to ride a motocross bike and recently ran a triathlon at The Woodstock Fruit Festival. All on just fruits and veggies! Levi’s website is RawFoodLevi.com. He is the author of Raw Food For Kids. Watch Levi on YouTube and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped (to taste)
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- Pinch of sea salt to taste (optional)
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, sweet onion, bell pepper and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl and add a pinch or two of sea salt, if desired.
- Mix and let sit for as long as you can stand to wait.
- Eat by the spoonful or with sliced cucumber or thin raw “nacho” crackers.
Check out Levi’s transformation interview!
COMING NOVEMBER 13: Discover Levi’s Top 5 Tips for parents to raise a raw food kid.
Hungry for more? Check out Levi’s Pear & Spinach Smoothie recipe!