Jamie’s journey to optimum health has taken him from eating a standard American diet through many variations of a vegan diet. He eats a diet that consists of mostly local in-season organic fruits and salads. He enjoys growing food in his small garden and would like to one day grow all of his own food. He also really enjoys running Daily Green Boost, a barley grass juice powder product that he created so he and others can get high-quality nutrients at an affordable price. He posts a lot of what he eats on Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter and offers his product at DailyGreenBoost.com.
- 1 head of lettuce (“I prefer red leaf or green leaf lettuce,” Jamie says.)
- ½ medium or large papaya
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 medium tomatoes
- A few leaves of culantro or sprigs of cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
- Thinly slice the lettuce leaves and add to a plate or bowl.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the papaya. Chop the papaya and add to the plate or bowl.
- Halve or quarter the cucumber, slice thinly and add to the plate or bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and add to the plate or bowl.
- Finely slice the culantro or cilantro and add to the plate or bowl.
- Add the juice from the lime, taking care to not add any seeds. You may also add the pulp from the lime for additional flavor.
Check out Jamie Pounds’ transformation story!
Discover Jamie’s Top 12 Tips for discovering a happier, healthier you!
Hungry for more? Check out Jamie’s Simple Salsa Bowls recipe!