Jamie Pounds shares his recipe for Simple Salsa Bowls. “To eat, spoon some of the salsa into one of the romaine leaves,” he says. “You can fold the leaf a little and eat it like a small taco or fold it closed completely and eat it like a small burrito.”
Jamie is someone who places a high value on health. He developed a belief over the years that many common ailments, illnesses and diseases that plague our societies have a nutritional (diet) root cause. He believes there is a nutritional solution to almost every health problem. He became fed up with following the norm and setting himself up to suffer from preventable health conditions and illnesses later in life as he saw so many others do. And so years after he left California, where he grew up, he took matters into his own hands and embarked on a journey to optimal health.
Jamie’s journey to optimum health has taken him from eating a standard American diet through many variations of a vegan diet. He eats a diet that consists of mostly local in-season organic fruits and salads. He enjoys growing food in his small garden and would like to one day grow all of his own food. He also really enjoys running Daily Green Boost, a barley grass juice powder product that he created so he and others can get high-quality nutrients at an affordable price. He posts a lot of what he eats on Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter and offers his product at DailyGreenBoost.com.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 3 or 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion (top green part) (optional)
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- A few leaves of culantro or sprigs of cilantro
- 1 lime
- Separate the lettuce leaves and add to a plate.
- Dice or mince the tomatoes, green onion and cucumber and add them to a bowl.
- Finely slice the culantro or cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into the bowl. You may also add the pulp from the lime for additional flavor.
- Mix the contents in the bowl with a spoon.
Check out Jamie Pounds’ transformation story!
Discover Jamie’s Top 12 Tips for discovering a happier, healthier you!
Hungry for more? Check out Jamie’s Simple Sweet Fruity Salad recipe!