Toni Allen shares her recipe for Jamaican Mango Papaya Salsa. “This easy-to-make salsa is bursting with tropical fruit flavors,” she says.
Toni lives in the mountains of tropical Jamaica. She started her raw food journey December 14, 2010, weighing 230 pounds. She lost 120 pounds in a year and reversed Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and other health conditions, getting off all medication. Toni is the founder of the popular Facebook group Raw and Delicious Lifestyles.
- Serves 8
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind “meal”
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the mango, papaya, tomato, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and tamarind.
- Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Check out Toni’s transformation profile!
Discover Toni’s Top 5 Tips for daily essentials!