Tomato-Herb Flaxseed Dressing is a thick, savory salad dressing, which can also be served as a dip with cucumber or bell pepper slices or celery sticks, for example, imparts an earthy taste with the savory punch of tomatoes and herbs and tartness of citrus.
- 1 to 2 servings
- 2 ounces of flaxseed, soaked
- 1 plum tomato
- 50 grams of sun-dried tomatoes
- 10 grams of basil
- 10 grams of cilantro
- 10 grams of parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Top with dill and thyme
- Blend all ingredients except for the dill and thyme. I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food into its blade.
- Top the dressing or dip with the dill and thyme for additional flavor and as a finishing touch.
- Add an additional plum tomato, lettuce leaves or water for a thinner consistency.