1. Make it a point to meet other raw fooders. Go to an event and meet other people who have been following the lifestyle a long time. It won’t seem so strange then.
2. Work out roughly how many calories you need in a day. Use software like Cronometer.com to check and start learning how much fruit you will need to eat to satisfy your needs.
3. Continually seek education and inspiration. There are hundreds of Facebook groups devoted to this topic and many websites and books. The work of Dr. Doug Graham has been very insightful for many, many people.
4. Food addiction is real. Giving up cooked food could be the hardest thing you ever do. Take your time, be patient with yourself and realise that once your intention is set, you will reach your goal as long as you keep going, learning and enjoying the ride.
5. Don’t try to force it on friends, family and colleagues. Let them come to you when the time is right. Keep showing a good example.
6. Prepare in advance. Make sure you plan ahead with your food. It is likely you will end up in situations in which your ideal food will not be nearby.
7. Find a wholesale market or farmers’ market at which you can buy in bulk. This will save you money and time. Develop good relationships with people who sell fruit and find out where they get their produce from.
More with Ronnie Smith in Fruit-Powered Magazine
Ronnie Smith Turns Fruit Festival Spirit into a Passion
Explore all Raw Vegan Transformations!
Simple Tomato Salad Dressing
Explore all Dressing Recipes to Salsa Recipes!
Explore all Raw Vegan Recipes!