Inspired by my love of Mexican food and based on a salad recipe published in Alive!, my raw food transition book, this chunky soup satisfies on a cold or warm day!
- Fills a large bowl
- ½ to 1 pound of green leaf or romaine lettuce
- ¼ pound of grape tomatoes
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 small orange or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 10 grams of cilantro (packed handful)
- 10 grams of parsley (packed handful)
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cumin to taste (if desired)
- Tear the lettuce leaves in halves and toss into a blender.
- Add to the blender most of the cilantro and parsley, saving some for garnish, and all of the avocado and lemon and lime juice.
- Blend and pour into a bowl. I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food its blade.
- Dice the tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumber and add to the bowl.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and parsley.
Watch a Fruit-Powered Video on How to Make Mexican Sun Soup