Brian Rossiter shares his favorite and the simplest way to prepare a green smoothie. It’s made with bananas, romaine lettuce and water. I call this one Green ‘n’ Clean Smoothie.
Green ‘n’ Clean Smoothie: Serving Size
- 60 ounces
Green ‘n’ Clean Smoothie: Ingredients
Green ‘n’ Clean Smoothie: Directions
- Blend to desired thickness, adding the greens after first blending the bananas and water for 10 to 15 seconds.
Green ‘n’ Clean Smoothie: Tips
- Be sure your bananas are ripe! They should be spotted and golden!
- Try romaine, spinach. Be sure to rotate greens throughout each week.
- Start off with a minimal amount of greens per smoothie and work your way up to a quarter-pound, or a large handful, or more.
- Use fewer bananas for a smaller meal. A medium-size banana contains 105 calories.
- Adding more water creates a smoother smoothie.
- I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food into its blade.