Elisa Oras of FollowTheIntuition.com shares her Top 10 Tips for a healthful lifestyle. Elisa is a co-author of Toortoit (Raw Food, in Estonian) and author of the forthcoming 50 Low Fat Raw Vegan Salad Dressings.
1. Eat as much fruit as you care for.
2. You don’t have to be 100 percent raw. Have a cooked low-fat vegan meal for dinner if you feel better like this.
3. Avoid oils—eat low-fat.
4. Eat early, sleep early. I like to eat around 5 p.m. and go to sleep at 10 p.m.
5. If you fail, it doesn’t mean you have to start all over again. You just have to keep going.
6. Don’t punish yourself for not being perfect. Direction is important, not speed.
7. Surround yourself with healthy foods, especially ripe, delicious, sugary-sweet fruit.
8. Always have a backup plan—have some healthy, cooked low-fat recipes that you love if you can’t do raw.
9. The most important thing is to feel happy. If your current lifestyle doesn’t make you truly happy, change something.
10. Dream, visualize, write your goals down, believe, love and enjoy the journey.
Check out Elisa’s transformation profile!
Hungry for more? Check out Elisa’s Mango Chili Dressing recipe.