Cool-As-a-Cucumber Nachos is all the taste—fresh, juicy tomatoes with sweet bell peppers, herbs and lime juice—without the goo of nachos on most folks’ plates. This is a refreshing spring and summer treat that’s perfect as a party dish or appetizer before a hearty salad!
Censorship Is Making It Harder Than Ever to Find Natural Health Content. Help Your Family and Friends Plus Fruit-Powered by Sharing!
💛 Complete the Circle of Giving by Supporting This Content! 💛
- About 50 nachos (serves 2 to 4)
- 4 plum tomatoes (⅔ pound)
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper
- 5 grams of cilantro (loosely packed handful)
- 5 grams of parsley (loosely packed handful)
- 2 cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, which contain fewer seeds
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Halve and seed the tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes and bell pepper with the cilantro, parsley and juice from the lime in a food processor, operating on pulse until finely or coarsely chopped, whichever is your preference. Cover and let the salsa’s flavors mix in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the avocado down the center and scoop out the “meal.” Combine with the juice of the lemon in a blender, adding a few lettuce leaves or water to thin the “cheese,” if necessary. I highly recommend using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix blender, outfitted with variable speed and a tamper, or wand, to push food into its blade.
- Cut the cucumbers into ¼-inch slices for use as chips.
- Spread the avocado “cheese” on each chip, topping with salsa.