Ashley Clark of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, shares her Top 5 Tips for staying grounded. Ashley is a holistic health coach, artist, photographer and the owner-operator of Naturally Ashley Nutrition. Ashley received holistic health coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- Connecting with the earth: Walking barefoot on earth, gardening or hugging a tree will ground your energy. Swim in the ocean or take an epsom salt bath—these can be grounding as well as detoxing. Use 1 to 2 cups of salt and soak for 20 minutes. Add grounding stones and essential oils. Stones like hematite, smoky quartz, obsidian, onyx, black tourmaline, ruby, granite, pyrite, tiger iron and black opal are grounding. Stones stand strong in their energy—we connect and match their frequency.
- Essential oils: Grounding scents are cedar, chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood, patchouli, rosewood and lavender. Put them in a diffuser, dab them on your skin or use them in your bath water.
- Sun gazing: You get Vitamin D, and you are connecting to the largest energy source on the planet. Start out slowly—only five minutes—and hold your hands out in a triangle position. Gaze at the sun through the center.
- Sound: Stimulates your root chakra, which is grounding. Using crystal bowls or your own voice to om are two great ways. You can also download apps with grounding tones.
- Breathe: Bring attention to the moment with your breath and practice meditation. Picture yourself as a tree, roots going down into the earth through your feet. This helps you get out of your head, be present and connect with your heart space. There are plenty of guided meditations on YouTube to try.
Check out Ashley’s transformation interview!
Hungry for more? Check out Ashley’s Low Fat Raw Vegan Mac n Cheeze with Raw Ketchup recipe!