Karen Ranzi shares her recipe for Stuffed Herb Pesto Holiday Appetizers, published in her book Raw Vegan Recipe Fun for Families: 115 Easy Recipes and Health Tips for Energetic Living. “I hope they will make your occasions extra special,” she says.
Karen, M.A., is an award-winning author, internationally renowned lecturer, raw food consultant and chef, the mother of two children raised raw vegan and a speech, language and feeding therapist. She organizes raw food coaching programs in the United States and online. She is the author of Creating Healthy Children: Through Attachment Parenting and Raw Foods and Raw Vegan Recipe Fun for Families. Karen’s Super Healthy & Raw Vegan Coaching Certification Course with private mentoring is available on her website, SuperHealthyChildren.com,
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, soaked 20 minutes
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Zucchini rounds
- Bell pepper, cut into pieces
- Mushroom caps
- 1 small clove of fresh garlic, minced (optional)
E-Book (Download Only)[wp_eStore_fancy2 id=101]
Also available in paperback.
- Grind the pine nuts in a food processor.
- Add the fresh herbs and, if desired, garlic and process until finely chopped.
- Spread pesto on each mushroom, pepper or zucchini slice and dehydrate at 105 degrees for three to four hours.
- For a final touch, a slice of olive can be added to the top of each dehydrated pesto appetizer before serving.
- Pesto can be made in advance and marinated overnight in a refrigerator.
Check out Karen’s article “Raw Foods: The Greatest Gift You Can Give This Holiday Season.”
Discover Karen Ranzi’s Top 8 Tips for Getting Children to Eat Raw Foods During the Holidays!