Jesi DiPalo shares her recipe for Lasagna Heaven. Jesi is a musician, artist, poet and actress who lives in Los Angeles, California. She shrunk a tumor and got off all medications on a low-fat raw food diet. She and her fiancé, Charley, lost 50 pounds each leading a raw food diet. Jesi documents her lifestyle journey on her Raw Food Newbie Facebook page.
Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in water for one to two hours—add the soak water)
- ¼ of a red pepper, chopped
- Handful of spinach or another kind of greens, chopped
- Basil to taste
- A bit of green onion tops (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Slice an heirloom tomato or use a mandolin slicer.
- To make Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara, process the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender on its lowest setting or mince them.
- Layer Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara, zucchini, herbs and greens in between tomato slices and spoon out more marinara sauce on top!
- “For ‘cheeze,’ I use shaved nuts or seeds,” Jesi says.