An expert on nutrition, family development and raising healthy raw children, Karen Ranzi shares her recipe for Cauliflower Tabouleh. Karen has led a low-fat raw vegan diet since the mid-1990s. She is the author of Creating Healthy Children: Through Attachment Parenting and Raw Foods and the forthcoming Raw Vegan Recipe Fun for Families.
Karen’s website, SuperHealthyChildren.com, features a regularly updated blog, and her YouTube channel includes dozens of videos on raw food. She writes for Vibrance, VegWorld Magazine, Get Fresh! and Super Raw Life and is the SAFBaby.com health expert adviser.
“This is one of my favorite dishes,” Karen says. “I loved it when I ate it partially cooked before I went raw in 1994, and I still love it now in 2013, but I enjoy it with ground cauliflower or sprouted quinoa instead of the old version, made with bulghur wheat.”
- Process the cauliflower in a food processor with the “S” blade until well-ground.
- Remove the cauliflower from the food processor and place in a large bowl.
- Process the parsley, tomato, scallions, lemon juice and mint (diced cucumber could also be added afterward for variation.) Pulse several times until well-mixed.
- Add optional diced avocado last and mix thoroughly.
- Double the ingredients for more people.
Check out Karen Ranzi’s transformation profile!
Discover Karen’s Top 5 Tips for raising raw children.
Hungry for more? Check out Karen’s Cucumber “Dogs” recipe!