When Jon stumbled onto a raw food diet in 2010, he dove in and embraced the lifestyle with full force and is the driving force behind DoubleOrganic. Through studying kinesiology in university, he is expanding his understanding of the human animal and how we can get the most out of our lives and bodies. DoubleOrganic is the place where Jon shares his experiences on thriving on raw foods, recipes, fitness, motivation and more!
Before capturing health, however, Jon suffered from sickness. Living on a junk-food diet from a young age, Jon experienced hyperactivity as well as frequent headaches. If it came in a box, bag or can, it was food. Fresh foods were seldom on the menu, and the result was weight gain and a diagnosis of ADHD and Tourette syndrome. Doctors then put Jon on some very powerful medications, which made things worse. Seeing that all the other kids were much more fit and active, Jon could see that his food choices were not serving him. Small changes were made, but it was not until a raw vegan diet was adopted years later for the health of himself and the environment that progress began. You, too, can be DoubleOrganic! In addition to on his website, stay connected with Jon on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- 1 to 2 bunches of kale
- 1 avocado
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup of raisins or currants
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 of a cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced or in strips
- Chop the desired toppings listed above (“The raisins are terrific!” Jon says.)
- Clean and rip the kale into a bowl.
- Juice the lemon(s) and scoop the avocado into the bowl of kale. Massage well.
- Add the chopped toppings and enjoy!
Check out Jon Kozak’s transformation story!
Discover Jon Kozak’s Top 7 Tips to easily stay raw in the winter!