TJ Long stays busy as a full-time student at the University of Minnesota, pursuing a master’s degree in education. Outside school and personal training, he works on researching the principles of natural health, coaching youth ice hockey athletes on- and off-ice and organizing and attending outreach events with local animal rights organizations. For fun, he enjoys hiking, snowboarding and creating raw vegan meals. TJ Long lives with his best friend, a rescued companion dog named Brooks, who came into his care in 2012. Always having a strong connection to animals, he first acknowledged the impacts of industrial farming practices as a teenager and later made the steps to a morally focused vegan lifestyle near the end of college. He believes that all animals deserve to be respected and cared for. Rescue, sanctuary, outreach and education makes a positive impact for everyone, human and nonhuman individuals alike.
Follow TJ Long on his website, WholeConnectionHealth.com, and on Facebook and Instagram.
Mango-Peach-Orange Smoothie Recipe: Ingredients
Mango-Peach-Orange Smoothie Recipe: Directions
- Blend peeled and pitted mangos and peaches with 24 ounces of fresh orange juice until smooth.
Mango-Peach-Orange Smoothie Recipe: Tips
- If you’re wanting a colder smoothie, add three-quarters of a cup of frozen strawberries.
Mango-Peach-Orange Fruit Salad Recipe
- To turn this recipe into a fruit salad, use the juice of three oranges instead of 24 ounces of fresh orange juice.
- To prepare this meal, place peeled, pitted and chopped mangos and peaches in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of three oranges on top.
- Optionally, add ¾ cup of freshly chopped strawberries.