Anjali, the founder trustee of Indian Raw Vegan Foundation, is a blessed soul, strong spirit, raw vegan mother and wife. She is also an internationally acclaimed, award-winning artist-painter, renowned natural healer and author and speaker for the new generation kids and parents. Anjali has chosen a well-balanced fruit-based raw vegan lifestyle since 2012.
Anjali and her fully raw vegan son, Manikya, have together published the newly released Indian Raw Vegan Sweet Delights, whose sweets and drinks recipes are made from low-fat, whole, easily available and allergen-free ingredients. Their book Indian Raw Vegan Main-course Delicacies will also be released soon. Their first self-illustrated fruit-based story book, Little Monkey’s Birth Day, has found a place in the hearts of children worldwide. They are writing about their raw vegan experiences in their forthcoming book Nourishing the Whole Child. Learn more about them and their work on ManikyasNest.com and IndianRawVeganFoundation.com.
- 3 to 4 deseeded dates or 15 to 20 presoaked raisins
- A glass of drinking water or coconut water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Some finely chopped mint or coriander leaves
- Take three to four deseeded dates or few presoaked raisins and press them well with your hands so that they are open. Add these to a glass. Add plain water or coconut water to the glass and lemon juice to taste. Generally, the juice of half a small lemon tastes delicious. Stir well.
- Top with some finely chopped mint or coriander leaves. Let it stay for five minutes. Stir well again.
- “Enjoy drinking your delicious vitamin infused lemonade with a glass or bamboo straw,” Anjali says. “Since dates and raisins are in the glass, you can refill water and add more lemon juice once more for another serving. Enjoy your sweet dates or raisins, too. Optionally, the dates or raisins can be replaced with teaspoon or more of a pre-homemade date or raisin syrup just by blending them with some water.”
Check out Anjali and Manikya Sanghi’s transformation story!
Discover Anjali and Manikya Sanghi’s Top 10 Tips for getting family interested in raw vegan foods.
Hungry for more? Check out Anjali and Manikya’s Indian Porridge recipe!