Alicia Grant shares her recipe for Incredible Date Dip with Sliced Apples. “This recipe tastes a lot like peanut butter to me without the nuts or fat,” she says. “It also reminds me of cake frosting. It’s so good as a meal, snack or dessert!”
Alicia improved her health dramatically after she began following a raw food diet in March 2009. Passionate about wellness and spirituality, she has been inspiring others to make healthier food and lifestyle choices by sharing her journey through her uplifting and informative videos as well as through her inspiring Instagram account.
A former professional singer, songwriter and music producer who also has a degree in graphic design, Alicia uses her love of food, nature, spirituality, music, photography and video production to help illuminate the path and guide others to vibrant health and well-being. Find out more about Alicia on her website and connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter as well.
- 27 Halawy dates or a little more than 7 ounces, or 200 grams, of your favorite juicy dates, pitted
- 1 small ripe, semisoft fuyu persimmon, (about 3 ounces or 80 grams), peeled and deseeded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh coconut water
- A dash of vanilla powder or 3 drops of vanilla extract (I really like Medicine Flower Raw Organic Vanilla Extract)
- 1 large Fuji apple or your favorite apple (about 9 ounces, or 250 grams)
- Blend all ingredients except the apple into a creamy consistency.
- Slice and core the apple for dipping and enjoy!