“My mom found this recipe in an old recipe book (having nothing to do with raw foods), and it was one of the first that I enjoyed,” Francesco says. “It’s an easy recipe with few ingredients that is very flavorful and great to share with friends who may not be familiar with raw foods. This is also a way to make your dessert selection during holidays a bit more interesting. Due to the relatively high nut content, it’s probably something that you want to avoid eating regularly or in large quantities.”
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and mix. Make sure not to process them for too long or else they will begin to turn into a meal.
- Add the raisins and dates until the batter forms a ball and becomes a consistent texture.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the batter, roll it around in your hands, and then roll it in the bowl of shredded coconut until the entire truffle is covered.
- Repeat, as your hands become sticky and covered in the batter, rinse them off in a bowl of water.
- Any measurement of equal parts is fine for the raisins, dates and walnuts.