Francesco Barone shares his recipe for Raw Truffles. Francesco is a classical guitarist, disciple of Jesus Christ and raw food enthusiast who has been a vegan for 12 years and a raw foodist for roughly the past 10. His raw food journey began at Arnold’s Way in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, when he was searching for a cure for his lifelong affliction with asthma. Francesco cured his asthma in 2006, but it resurfaced in 2012, when he returned to a cooked vegan lifestyle. A $2,000 trip to an emergency room and relapse redirected Francesco back to a raw vegan lifestyle and his recovery for the second time from asthma.
Censorship Is Making It Harder Than Ever to Find Natural Health Content. Help Your Family and Friends Plus Fruit-Powered by Sharing!
💛 Complete the Circle of Giving by Supporting This Content! 💛
“My mom found this recipe in an old recipe book (having nothing to do with raw foods), and it was one of the first that I enjoyed,” Francesco says. “It’s an easy recipe with few ingredients that is very flavorful and great to share with friends who may not be familiar with raw foods. This is also a way to make your dessert selection during holidays a bit more interesting. Due to the relatively high nut content, it’s probably something that you want to avoid eating regularly or in large quantities.”
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and mix. Make sure not to process them for too long or else they will begin to turn into a meal.
- Add the raisins and dates until the batter forms a ball and becomes a consistent texture.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the batter, roll it around in your hands, and then roll it in the bowl of shredded coconut until the entire truffle is covered.
- Repeat, as your hands become sticky and covered in the batter, rinse them off in a bowl of water.
- Any measurement of equal parts is fine for the raisins, dates and walnuts.
More with Francesco Barone in Fruit-Powered Magazine
Francesco Barone Overcomes Asthma on a Wholly Raw Food Diet
Explore all Raw Vegan Transformations!
Francesco Barone’s Top 7 Tips for Staying Raw
Explore all Raw Vegan Tips!