Janie Gardener shares her recipe for Post-Training Smoothie. Janie, also known as “Jungle Janie,” lives on the island of Kauai, in the Hawaiian Island chain. She has had the title of “Ambience Fairy” at FoodnSport events held in Washington state every September and October for many years and also produces webmastering, graphics and more for FoodnSport.
- Wash celery stalks and chop into 1-inch-long pieces.
- Place peeled bananas, whole or in pieces, into a blender, leaving at least 3 inches of clearance at the top.
- Add pitted dates and then add water to about an inch below the top of the bananas.
- Start blending, and once a vortex is created, drop cut celery into the vortex from above.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
- Adjust the volume of each ingredient according to your caloric and hydration needs, length and type of exercise, and taste, of course.
Check out Janie Gardener’s transformation story!